Monday, November 9, 2009

Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude

Members of the faculty, parents, family, friends, guests and fellow graduates, I am honored to speak to you on this very important day.

First, I’d like to thank the administration and faculty of MapĂșa Institute of Technology for their hard work and dedication on our behalf. I think that college students often take their college experience for granted, as just the step between high school and the real world.

So I thank every one of you who has made this institution what it is and every one of you who has supported me and my fellow students along the way. We have gotten a great education here which makes it far more than a step between high school and the real world but rather a stepping stone to our futures.

On a personal note, I would like to honor my parents in the audience who encouraged me and supported me and without whom this would not have been possible. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Fellow graduates, today we have finished something. Our contribution to the world will not be measured by the money we make or the accolades we receive but rather by the way in which we share our unique gifts with the world. And the only place to find those gifts is within yourself.

So go forth class of 2009 and make your unique contribution!
That would be my speech if I were the summa cum laude, but I'm not. LOL. Though I'm not the summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or even the cum laude, I would like to thank my parents for their patience. To think I stayed in college for 6 years (because I took Bio-Chem which is a 2-in-1 course). Without them, I would be here. To my brothers and sister, thank you for your encouragement. For my special someone, thank you for being there for me, always. To my classmates, thank you for such a wonderful experience. Most importantly, God, thank you for your never ending blessings.

This si my entry for Toblerone Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude Photo Competition. You too can join the Spread the Sweetness of Gratitude Photo Competition and get the chance to be one of the 3 winners to get a Toblerone Gift Pack plus a chance to be featured in one of the major broadsheets.


No comments:

Post a Comment